Sunday 17 June 2012

Father's Day Poetry Corner!

As it's Father's Day today (well here in the UK it is anyway!) I decided to share a poem I wrote a while back about my dear old Pa. It's a very light-hearted poem, and I actually wrote it to enter a competition to win a trip to Paris with a well known cleaning brand. I didn't win the trip (booo!) so I shall replace their brand name with "household bleach" in the relevant line (see, the poem talks about bleach - not a soppy ode to my dad at all!)

Here goes, hope it makes you smile...

Today I tell a cautionary tale,
About my dad, who - without fail,
Spent hours reading on the loo,
As he did his daily poo!

We all warned him, had a moan,
About the germs lurking on his throne,
But he liked nothing more as he did the deed,
Than to have a nice long read.

It wasn't long before his tummy,
As we'd warned, came over all funny.
He swore revenge and quickly reached,
For the germ eliminator - household bleach!

And voila! Now you know why I didn't win the poetry competition!! :P

On a serious note, my dad rocks. Happy Father's Day Pa xxx


Me and Pa in Estonia, July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment